Monday, August 27, 2012

We're goin' to the Zoo!

We went to the zoo!  Yay!  Well, we have a pass and the kids have been about 4 times this year, but this is the first time I got to go with them!  So fun!  We invited Isaac, Spencer, and Charlotte to join us and it was so fun to see all the kids together again at the zoo! Like this time, and this time, and this time and this time and maybe a couple others :)


The train was a hit as always, though apparently they are remodeling next year and the train will be gone for two years!  Sad.  But there will be lions.  Oh my!



Here are our little monkeys watching the monkeys.  These guys were very energetic when we were there and were fun to watch jumping all over the place.


 See, I told you they were fun to watch!  Love this little boy.


We got good seats for the bird show (which is always a hit with our kids.  Oh- and me too)





 And the carousel had to be tried out multiple times with lots of smiles!






 Kaitlyn has a special lizard friend that we make sure to visit in the reptile house.  She and he bonded a couple of years ago and they always have some nice chats, er...ah...staring contests.  She loves him. 


The tigers were sleeping in the heat, but they are almost as fun to ride as to watch anyways...


Whoever came up with the idea of these sculptures was brilliant.  Look at all those cute faces!


 This is the first time I got to see the Rocky Shores area and I loved it.  Very cool!  We watched a couple of grizzly bears fighting in the water together.


And we even got to see Rizzo the polar bear swimming!  And I love this picture, David was so excited. I love that you can see underneath the water like this.  It really is cool.  


 We also got to see the sea lions swimming around and around- how neat is that!


And got to ride one too- a spotty one like their favorite :)


 A great day at the zoo!  I love seeing the animals and love seeing my kids enjoying themselves and getting to know so many different animals.  We're game to go again next time anyone wants to join us!

No comments: