Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quilting

Ok. I have been on a huge quilting craze lately, and I have been loving it! It's been a long time since I felt I could take the time to do some things like this. My sister-in-law Care has also introduced me to free-motion quilting which has been really fun to try-I like the results!

I made this super cute baby quilt for some really good friends of ours who had a little baby boy about a month ago. I love the scrappy looking design and I quilted stars on it-(with a little help this time) and I love how it turned out. In fact, it turned out so good I was tempted to keep it (if they didn't like it, which I guess they do). I have settled for going and buying some more fabric for another one.

The second quilt that I made was made with fabric that I am certainly not going out to buy more of. Yes. It is University of Utah fabric in the extreme. Can you believe this was in our house? Can you believe that Richard was the one that requested it? He had a really good friend and coworker who was having a baby, and who is obviously a huge Utah fan. They have fun teasing each other.

I felt wierd buying the fabric. But, after all is said and done, I actually really liked how it turned out. I quilted the "U" all over it with a giant logo in the middle. Though I admit I like it, I would never be tempted to keep it.


I had some extra fabric, and since I certainly can't forsee a use for it, I used it to whip up this hat, pants, and goofball. You have to admit these are cute. Especially the hat. To top off the project, I wrapped it all up in a large BYU gift bag. Apparently the gag went over well and they love everything!
Richard is now trying to convince me to get to work on a BYU quilt to cleanse the house. I'm afraid it will have to wait though as I have a ton of projects going for Christmas (certainly not all quilts!). You will have to wait to see the pile though-I really have gotten carried away! I'm having so much fun!

2 comments:

Care said...

heh heh heh! (evil laugh!) who else can we get to join the quilting side?????

Christina said...

Man, you're good! Nice work, and I think after the holidays you will need to symbolically cleanse the house!