The girls settled in quickly and were put to work...
...distracting them by being determined to be in on everything! (and being so cute!)
Grandpa taught them a few important things; such as how to enjoy graham crackers dipped in milk. Definately a classic that Kaitlyn loves. Anna even popped in after her nap to ask for some (all she needed was those big blue eyes peeping over the table to get Grandpa to share!)
Kaitlyn also decided she needed to try putting a towel over her eyes like Grandpa did when taking a nap. I'm sorry to report that she soon declared her eyes just weren't tired enough so it didn't work.
However, Kaitlyn did achieve some very successful naps, and a few nights sleep, in the teepee in Grandma's room. She and Grandma even got to take a nap together one day.
We went on adventures to a couple of parks
And to Ontario Mills to ride the train! That was definately a huge hit! However, our favorite part was just hanging out at the mission home-especially with that warm California sunshine!
The girls both loved having the tunnels in the backyard.
Kaitlyn "Rolly-Pollyed" all over the yard (and over Anna a couple of times)
She even got Grandma to join in on the rolling fun!
The girls loved, loved, loved having grandparents to play with! We had such a wonderful time; I really didn't want to leave. We stayed up scrapbooking and talking late, late, late into the night, every night (I think this inability to go to bed is a disease that manifests when we get together.) and I feel so refreshed from it. My amazing husband had to drive an extra 9 hours to allow us girls to stay for a week while he went back to work and I am so, so grateful to him for doing so! You are the best Richard! And Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us visit! We Love You!
2 comments:
looks like so much fun!!!
I miss your parents too, so I can't even imagine how much you must miss them! They are such great people. Late nights are so much fun with them (as I learned through our Nauvoo trip a bajillion years ago)--I'm so glad you got to go!
Post a Comment