Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween this year with two of the sweetest little princesses ever! We started off the day carving pumpkins...

Here is the princess pumpkin having its first crown fitting.


Kaitlyn got to paint her own pumpkin and couldn't help but make its hair rainbow colors.

And they turned out great. Meet the pumpkin fam! Then it was time to get dressed and start a day of visiting and trick-or-treating!

Frodo put on his Dragon Dog costume (which everyone loved) and was put in charge of guarding the home castle and candy...



While these two beautiful girls went out to charm everyone! Both girls love their costumes (Anna especially loves her shoes) but Kaitlyn is absolutely enamoured with hers. When she first saw it after I finished sewing it, it was like a reinactment of the moment from Cinderella where she sees her pink dress all fixed up. It made me so happy. She gasped, picked it up, held it up to herself and started twirling saying, "Oh, it's so beautiful!! I just love it!! I love it!" She then paused, looked at me and said, "Oh mommy, Thank You. Thank you for my beautiful Belle dress!" It made it all worthwhile. Even if I didn't love making the dresses, I would be making more in the future for this girl. She begs to wear it all the time, and before taking it off asks for, "maybe just one more twirl?" I love being a mommy to these princesses!

Oh, and I have to report that the trick or treating was a success. They only went to a few places and ended up with buckets full of candy. Anna was especially adept. She would happily take the candy offered her, put it in her bucket, then turn, gaze up at them with those big blues of hers, and put her hand out again. They were all suckers and refused to take anything back. We have plenty to share!!! Anyone looking for a little match girl for christmas this year?

5 comments:

Nadia said...

Wow, your costumes are amazing and I can't believe you made them!!! The girls are so grown up... Time flies! They are such cute little princesses ;-) Pumpkin coloring is our favorite too... Sonia and I loved the crown on your little pumpkin.

Christina said...

They are so cute! Great work as always, Susan. Who knew you would have such girly girls? ;)

Care said...

So, so perfect!! I can't wait to see the costumes in "real life!"

Shannan said...

They really are gorgeous costumes Susie. you did a great job. What cute girls!

Nyall and Jennifer said...

You are an amazing seamstress! What adorable costumes! You could go into your own business. So cute to hear what Kaitlyn said when the dress was done!!