Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving and more

We had a wonderful thanksgiving (where we of course forgot to pull out the camera) and loved being able to see so much family! I think that it was my favorite Thanksgiving Season ever. A big part of that was a Thanksgiving Thankful Countdown Jar idea that I found at Sugardoodle.net. Everyday there was something to be thankful for and an activity that went along with it. Such as-I am thankful for Cousins-call or write a letter to one of your cousins. Fabulous ideas. Kaitlyn loved picking something out and I loved having activities everyday that kept us busy and cultivated that feeling of gratitude. I would recommend it to everyone!

Other than that, we have just been busy getting ready for Christmas!

The girls helped decorate the tree, which they loved. (Notice that most of the ornaments are on the top half of the tree. Which any sane person with toddlers does). I love having christmas decorations up. There are so many memories associated with them! I love it!

Richard surprised me on Friday Night with a date night to dinner and to see "The Forgotten Carols." It was so nice to get out (something we havn't done in ages!). I love that man. We left the girls in the capable hands of Kristine where they had a wonderful time having a tea party (with Grandpa Hal crashing the party for a short time!) and playing, and thankfully, going to bed easily.
Yup. We are all busy wearing ourselves out. Even Frodo. He and Kaitlyn are such good buddies.
I am so excited for Christmas!

No comments: