We helped plan all the meals and Richard could be found in the food trailer cooking almost every meal! He and his uncles would crank up the ipod (with the strangest mix of music!) and whip up delicious food! The wives all appreciated this.
One of our favorite parts of the reunion was the huge pool we got to play in. I couldn't get our two girls to get out-they have finally figured out how fun it is to play in the water! Here are a few of my favorite pics of the fam-
Grandma kept an eye on us from the sidelines, while happily reading the paper.
The other favorite pastime was swinging- there was always someone on this swing! Bug especially was very attached. Any time she went missing, we knew exactly where to find her!
The older cousins achieved some great heights!
We also made Marshmello guns and had a blast designing, decorating, and of course shooting them! Yes, even David got in on it!
Grandpa Jaussi getting ambushed!
Here are Grandma and Grandpa Jaussi with all their children. I am so grateful for them and all they have taught and done for their posterity. They are very into geneology, and have done an absolutely amazing job of preserving memories, stories, and records and making sure each of their grandkids have copies of it all. Amazing. This year, we decided to return the favor, and we compliled a survey of every member of the family's memories of Grandma and Grandpa. It was so fun and so touching to read how much these two wonderful people have done for each and every one of their posterity, and how their sense of humor and fun has been passed on!
I am so glad to be a part of this family. I have always felt welcome and we have so much fun together. I can't wait until we get together again!
No comments:
Post a Comment