Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Projects

It was a busy year for handmade Christmas Gifts! I loved it! Here are a few of my favorites to share!
First up is this quilt I made for Richards sister, Kristine. I love it! The colors are great and it went together fairly quickly. I also machine quilted it (I'm so proud), and though my arms were a little sore, I think it was worth it!

This is probably my most Genius project to date. This awesome teepee took exactly one twin bedsheet and five PVC poles to make. Oh, and a little scrap fabric for the details. Thats it! It has no raw edges and I didn't have to hem a single thing! So fast and easy and awesome! I'm putting together instructions on how to make it for my sister-in-law care to post on her blog. Everyone can make this! It makes me so happy!


The girls adore playing in this! I'm going to have to make them one too.

Kaitlyns doll got a "little town" dress and black shoes. I loved polishing up my rusty pattern making skills to put this together! You can see the PJ's I also made in the previous post. I'm happy to share the patterns if anyone has a doll like this that needs a bigger wardrobe!



The girls both got beds (garage sale finds) for their dolls. I made them new quilts and pillows. Yellow for Kaitlyn...

...and blue for Anna! They are a hit!


Does my family remember this sheep? I pulled it out of its bag in storage at SL and decided to refurbish it for my mom for christmas. The picture above is a before picture-though after its initial vaccuum and after I put a little bit of stuffing back in its almost flat head. Pretty much all its stuffing had leaked out its torn ear! So sad!


Here's another pic of the cleaning process-it was so happy to be getting clean! It had been so overly loved...

The girls even pitched in to help on this one!


And hours later...TADA!! Lucy reborn! Doesn't she look great? Another happy project.
There were a few more little things but all in all, great projects and lots of love, and I only sewed my finger once (I won't say on which project...) I learned a lot and am ready for more! Any birthday requests? (no guarantees:))

4 comments:

Christina said...

Man, you are awesome!! You do such great work. Looks like you made a lot of people happy for Christmas! I might be turning to you for help on one of those teepees this summer...

Care said...

So many GREAT gifts.

I'm SO excited for the teepee instructions to go on my blog; it's so fabulous!!

..........now, enjoy moving on to projects with no deadline! :o)

Shannan said...

I'm so glad you fixed the sheep and the tent is so cool. Your little dancing girls are sure cute too!

Nadia said...

Susan, your quilt looks so neat... I love the colors!! the teepee is amazing and I just have to make one like it for Sonia! Can't wait to find out how to put it all together.
We just got plane tickets to fly to Utah for Feo's blessing so I hope we will see each other in February and our little girls get to play together!