Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where we live

We love living close to BYU!!! Go BYU! Go Cougars! We took the girls to the Cougar kickoff event up at BYU yesterday and saw cosmo, tons of other fans, and got a whole bunch of free stuff. The girls loved the excitement and especially loved wearing their BYU dresses! They are my favorite little cheerleaders! Bug loves the fight song and cheering for "tudors" and Anna will even clap along now-Daddy is the only one more excited than they are for football season to start!

And a quick housing update... we lost the first house we put an offer in on a week before getting an offer on our house. We then proceeded to fall in love with a new house which we then had to reconsider as the buyers of our house backed out at the last minute. I guess that's life and we know that things will work out, but we are currently in horrible limbo. The jist of it is that our house is back up for sale and we have nowhere to move to yet. Are we crazy?

In order to combat my desire to freakout, I decided to do a project on our house that I have been wanting to do for ages. I should have taken a before shot-these cupboards in our front room used to be old dark wood laminate. Doesn't it look nice now? So clean and bright. What do you think?

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Darn it! Sorry about the buyers. Isn't that crazy? At least you DO like where you live! The cabinets look SO good. It really updates the room as well. Nothing like a project to make us feel better, right? I think I recognize the bows in Kaitlyn's hair! Cute! Joe wanted me to take the kids to the kick-off since he couldn't go, but I was like uh-uh...not this year anyway...that can be his thing!