Friday, August 21, 2009
Shoes
When did my Katie-bug get so big? I had to go buy her some new shoes yesterday because she had outgrown her others. I happened to glance down at them as I walked by them last night and realized that they were just so big! She is not wearing tiny little baby shoes any more. She is turning into a little girl. Or a big girl. You know what I mean. As if in rebellion against getting bigger, Kaitlyn informed me last night that she wanted to be carried from the car to inside. She didn't want to walk like a big girl. After all, she said, "thats what mommy's do-they carry their kids. Even when they are big." That's my girl.
In contrast to those cute shoes-check out my lovelies. I have been happily indulging myself by watching the World Track and Field Championship (which Richard heartily mocks me for). I still get an adrenaline rush watching them step into their blocks and race. It brings back so many good, and hard, memories from my track days. Maybe that's why I loved track so much-its an adrenaline rush. These are the shoes that I used to train in-and I can't believe I still have them. They have obviously been converted into paint shoes and are rather disgusting (okay, really gross), but they still work for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome. The shoes, I mean. I remember your speediness, and I definitely felt better about always lagging behind you when I found out you were good at track.
It's amazing how shoes can be so sentimental. Mia's outgrowing the shoes she used to slip out of because they were so big. It's exciting and devastating all at once...
Post a Comment