Sunday, May 8, 2016

Girl Scout Camp

Last weekend I got to take our Girl Scout troop up for an overnighter at Camp Trefoil. We had such a fun time!  We have a great group of girls and there was so much giggling and they were so sweet in watching out for each other.  We love all the opportunities we get through girl scouts and I love the chance I get to spend extra time with my girls!

 Archery was a huge hit with all the girls.  They can't wait to go back to camp and do it again!  The older girls were the ones who taught the younger girls how to shoot and they were really sweet about it.  I really like the emphasis on letting the girls lead.

And of course there were lots of games and fun in their rooms- they spent a lot of time coming up with skits to perform for each other.  They also did crafts, earned badges, ate a ton of food, and truly had a good time together.
This is such a fun group of girls!  And I'm so grateful for the other leader, Risae, for her willingness, great ideas, kindness, and support!  We actually got a chance for some good chats this weekend as well :) What a great weekend with Troop 347! 

No comments: