I got to organize a very special evening for our Relief Society birthday celebration this month. We really wanted it to be a fancy occasion where we could make the sisters in our ward feel special- we chose the theme "She's a Gem" with the scripture in Proverbs 31:10- "who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." It was best dress with Dinner and performances by sisters in the ward and we invited all the sisters 8 and up so Kaitlyn got to come with me. I also had the best committee to work with and everyone pitched in to make this an incredible evening. As stressful as it can be if I let it, I really enjoy doing this.
The food was absolutely delicious. The Young Men in the ward dressed up and served all the food for us. It was so neat to have them there and they did a great job.
We had a variety of wonderful performances from the sisters in our ward- everything from recitations to piano to singing to dancing. So many talents were shared.
Kaitlyn had a great time- she loved that she was old enough to go, was excited to get dressed up, and kept talking about how it was like a special ball and the fanciest thing she ever been to. The activity day girls were so fun to have there!
We had a photo booth there with a professional photographer in our ward taking pictures with all his fancy equipment. So fun! I spent a lot of time preparing for this evening, as did a lot of other people, and in the end I was so happy with how everything turned out. It was one of those rare experiences for me where I didn't second guess everything and torture myself with thinking of how things could of been better or how I wished we hadn't done something. I recognize what a blessing this is. I was so content with it all- a perfect evening.









No comments:
Post a Comment