Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Girl Scouts

Don't you love these cute Girl Scouts?!
 
 Kaitlyn and Anna both love, love, love Girl Scouts!  I became the daisy leader for our troop this year and have really enjoyed getting to spend time with my girls!  (and have I posted a picture of Kaitlyn with her new glasses yet?  She loves them!) The girls did so well selling cookies this last month- they would beg to go out everyday or call someone or text someone, or whatever we would let them do!  I am really impressed with how well they did- how brave they were and how much they learned about the cookies and courtesy and money (especially Anna). They sold double their goal (thank you all!) and are so excited to use the money for some fun trips and camps this summer!  And they can't wait to sell more at our cookie booths next month- they have always wanted to do a lemonade stand and this is so much better :)
 One of the activities we did this month with the troop is we had the Bean Museum people come and do a live animal presentation to the troop.  The girls loved, loved it and were on the edges of their seats the whole time. 



Both Kaitlyn and Anna petted all the animals that the presenter brought out- including a giant lizard and a snake. I was surprised and so proud :)  We love girl scouts! 

No comments: