I'm a pretty proud mom. Yes, these pictures are of my girls using the sewing machine for the first time. Way to go girls!!!
And I'm not joking when I say that they made these pillows by themselves. Kaitlyn and Anna picked out the fabric, traced the pattern, cut out the fabric, embroidered their initial on their handprint (which was my only contribution), sewed it together, and stuffed it. David even picked out the fabric, helped pull the needle through for his initial, and sat on my lap to get in the way while waiting to stuff his pillow with "fluff."
And Voila! Three pillows to give as special gifts to their Grandma Julie who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and has been recovering from surgery. So much love from these sweet kids of mine. We love you Julie! Hope you have enjoyed cuddling with these and that they have helped a little!
1 comment:
Not only with the recipients always remember these, I bet your kids will remember their first sewing project with you. The pillows are a great idea for your mother-in-law, so comforting and dear.
Post a Comment