Friday, July 13, 2012

Puppet Booth

I got the awesome chance to join in with my sister and have a booth selling our puppets at a couple of fairs this summer!  We participated at Orem Summerfest and at the Lehi Roundup Days Boutique.  It was so much fun to hang out with Sarah, watch kids putting on puppet shows, and play with puppets myself all day long!  Everyone that came by the booth was smiling and so many were very appreciative of our handmade creations! 


Our booth turned out super cute and was perfect for displaying and performing with all our puppets. Here is is at Orem Summerfest.


Sarah was awesome and I'm so glad I got to have an excuse to spend so much time with her! Love you Sis!


And here is the booth at Lehi Roundup days.  Both shows turned out really great for us. They were well organized and there was lots to do besides just the boutique which kept all ages happy. There were tons of people coming by at both shows and we sold lots of puppets!  


Sarah makes the hand puppets and all those cute muppet friends, while I make these Marionette monsters! Aren't they fun!


I made almost 100 of these guys between both shows and sold out at both of them.  Wow.  I never expected them to be as popular as they were!  But they were a hit and it was so fun to see kids figuring them out and falling in love with them!  And while I was happy that they were selling, I was so sad to see this wall empty by the end of each day.  Yes, I'm weird.  I'll just have to stock up again for next year!  Or maybe a show around Christmas...I never would have guessed how much fun I would have talking to so many people and playing puppets with kids all day.  Definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hooray for puppets! I loved doing these shows with you. We definitely had the best booth of both shows :) Thanks, sis!