SNOW!!! Can you believe it! A whole lot of snow! Our poor apricot tree looked a lot like a weeping willow...and about 10 minutes after I took this picture, an enormous limb broke off the back of it. Poor thing. That's Utah for you. Today we all got sunburned. Silly.
On Tuesday some serious news arrived that my little nephew has cancer. It is heartbreaking to think of what he and his family are going through right now. I keep bursting into tears and to deal with the tears my sister-in-law Care and I whipped up a quilt for him (in one day. We sewed and sewed away on Wed). We picked out special i-spy fabrics with things that reminded us of him or we thought he would like.And surprise, this quilt is extra special, it is double sided! A pirate dispearing nine-patch design is on the reverse side! So cool! For whatever his mood might desire. Something nice for his long hospital stays. I hope it cheers him, and helps him stay comfortable, at least a little bit. Cancer is such a hard thing, it really makes you feel helpless.

And then on Friday I did it again. Another quilt-in-a-day insanity project. This one for his wonderful mother. I love making quilts for people because, as cheesy as it sounds, it is like giving someone some comfort, some hugs. This turned out so cheerful and beautiful it was really meant to be. Things just worked out with it and it went together so fast. Thanks to my wonderful sisters and sister-in-laws. And sweet understanding girls and quilt-widow husband. All so good.

And then on Friday I did it again. Another quilt-in-a-day insanity project. This one for his wonderful mother. I love making quilts for people because, as cheesy as it sounds, it is like giving someone some comfort, some hugs. This turned out so cheerful and beautiful it was really meant to be. Things just worked out with it and it went together so fast. Thanks to my wonderful sisters and sister-in-laws. And sweet understanding girls and quilt-widow husband. All so good.
I like to be doing. I am not really a talker. I am not really a people person. But I like to get things done. These two quilts in three days were very selfishly therepeutic for me. I couldn't stop thinking about my sweet nephew and his parents and I really needed to do something. This insanity helped me. I hope they feel our love for them right now.
And ultimately the prayers are pouring forth from us all. Kaitlyn always remembers Ray in all her prayers and asks multiple times a day if he is still in the hospital where the doctors are helping him feel better. I love that little girl. I love my family. It is absolutely amazing what faith and prayer can do. Keep Praying.

3 comments:
I love these so much and am so grateful for them. Everyone has their way of showing they care and I appreciate these more than I may have said. My quilt has already soaked up many tears and I love it. Thank you so much. Keep praying Kaitlyn. I loved that the nurse thought she was Rays sister.
We've been praying for Ray in our family ever since we found out. You are so awesome, Susan. What a fabulous way to show love. What a great way to DO something. You are so great!
Susan, you have such a wonderful eye for making things beautiful! Thank you for this post... I hope and pray Ray gets better soon. Shannan, as I felt when Richard gave Sonia little gift at grandparents house, she felt comforted and loved. So very, very thoughtful. Again thank you for sharing and we will pray for little Ray.
Post a Comment