I'm the troop leader and troop cookie manager for our girl scout troop and this month we start selling cookies! (be prepared to get some cute calls starting next sat) Crazy and fun! We had a meeting with the girls and parents all about cookies and we also passed out all the badges the girls had earned since school started. Anna finally has some good patches on the front of her vest and Richard described Kaitlyn's as beginning to look like a nascar uniform. Somehow she managed to complete all her brownie journeys (wow!) and get her summit pin. We've been able to do so many fun things together through girl scouts!
I got to make these BYU pillows for a friend and they turned out great. Richard was envying.
Some great ward members and neighbors of ours gave us tickets to BYU basketball this week and Richard and Anna had a fun daddy daughter date. Anna gave me a full rundown of the entire game the next day. ("they seriously got over 100 points!") She has always loved BYU games and picks up so much. She also thoroughly enjoyed the enormous Cougar Tail donut her Dad bought (I'm not complaining, they brought some home for me)
This little guy was sick and clingy and screamy this week. He got the phone and was taking selfies and thus you get to enjoy those killer cheeks...
Finally, thanks to my parents who have been serving on the temple committee, we got to tour the new Provo City Center Temple! I loved being able to tell the kidlings about the significance of this temple. How it had been the old tabernacle where we had gone to stake conference and concerts and how sad it was when the fire destroyed the inside. Then how exciting it was to see it turned into a temple! And it is beautiful. I loved the nostalgia of walking up those spiraling stairs in the corner and seeing the designs on the windows and wood. The craftsmanship is superb and the space is full of light. Everything is meticulously thought out and done with love. What a wonderful experience. David asked what the words above the door were and I read "Holiness to the Lord, the House of the Lord." "yeah, it's the Lord's House. I totally knew that." he stated. How blessed we are. Love this family of mine!


No comments:
Post a Comment