We started out with a trip to do baptisms for the dead at the Vernal Temple. The temple was small and intimate- as leaders we got to have the chance to help with everything as there are only a few temple workers there. The spirit was so strong. It was the perfect way to start the trip.
Afterwards we went to the Dinosaur Quarry and got to enjoy some natural history and laughs :)
We spent the next day rafting on the river. It was so fun! It turned into one almost continuous water fight and all were good sports and joined in, jumping in and fighting for buckets :) It had been way too long since I had been rafting- I can't wait to go again! We camped at the property of one of our ward members. They were so gracious and kind and it was a wonderful place to be.
We had a great fireside, ate tons of food, played night games (cactus are hard to see in the dark...), did a GPS course with BOM inspired obstacles, and just had a great time together.
I made a screen with our logo and a couple of the youth came over to my house and helped me make shirts for everyone. Didn't they turn out nice? Not perfect, but I loved being able to make them together and make as many as we wanted. We added everyone's names to the sleeves with a freezer paper stencil (this part was so easy and turned out so well! I highly recommend it!)
I love these people. Being a leader with these Young Women is so rewarding in so many ways. I am so blessed. Thank You Richard for being such a great dad and letting me take off on these adventures!


No comments:
Post a Comment