Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I decided to join in the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side again this year.  There are so many amazing quilts made by so many amazing quilters that have joined in!
 
This is the quilt I made for the Cooley Family.  It was Grandma and Grandpa Cooley's 60th wedding anniversary and Grandpa Cooley's 80th birthday so it made for an extra special celebration!
 

The hands were traced and sent to me, and I then embroidered each name on by hand (hah!), and appliqued them onto the quilt.  Each hand is on it's own unique green fabric (it was an adventure tracking down so many!).


Each of the five kids in the family has their own branch of the tree and it was so fun to lay it all out and see how quickly this family was growing! I even had two hands added after I originally started as two more babies were born right before the reunion! Fun!

I quilted it with my machine, including tracing around each hand and then using two different stipple patterns for the rest-one for the tree and one for the white background.

I love how it turned out, and they did too!  Such a great family treasure.  Hope it inspires you to do something special for your family-Enjoy!


Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 60"X80"
Special techniques used : applique.
Quilted by : Susan Jaussi
Best Category : Applique Quilt, Home-machine Quilted Quilt, Wall Hanging 

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

A wonderful idea for a memory quilt!

Lisa Chin said...

Adorable! What a very clever idea that your family will cherish forever!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Such a neat idea and a good quilt.

purduepam said...

What a lovely idea and great colors

CitricSugar said...

That is an amazing and special quilt! Just a great idea for a family tree...

Carla said...

I love this. Great job! What a nice keepsake.

Quilting Babcia said...

Great idea and it will be a family treasure for many years to come. Beautiful quilt!

Julie Thompson said...

This is such a cute quilt!