Friday, September 28, 2012

Scholarship Ball

Richard and I got invited to go to the UVU Scholarship Ball this last weekend.  It's a big fundraiser and an awesome event.  We got to go two years ago and loved it, so when we were invited to go again we jumped at the chance!  It was a fantastic date night with my wonderful husband!


The evening showcases UVU programs and students who speak, perform for, and cater the event.  The food is fancy, plentiful, and absolutely delicious.  I don't think there was anything I didn't like (except the shrimp, which I never like- that I passed to Richard) and after appetizers and 6 courses, I couldn't have eaten another bite.  Yum. Seriously. Yum.

I was very impressed with UVU and how they have grown and really worked to make both their programs and students successful.  Their president, Matthew Holland, is an amazing man and very inspiring.  There were so many generous people willing to donate for scholarships that can change lives and have a lasting impact on generations.  It was uplifting.  It made me proud to have gone to BYU and so, so, so grateful for the people, probably very like the people in that room, who had donated and made it possible for me to have a scholarship that paid for my schooling.  I am so grateful. I hated writing thank you letters every year, but I would write them now in a heartbeat.  There are so many good people in the world.

No comments: