And the picture doesn't do it justice. My entire couch is scribbled on. I can never do the dishes again. I have discovered the hard way that it is too distracting.In her defense, I also found this paper. Obviously she just ran out of room and the creative juices were not done flowing.
Needless to say, every sort of writing object in our house has found a new, Anna proof, home. And, after 2+ hours of scrubbing, the couch is starting to come clean (isn't microfiber supposed to be wonderfully easy to clean?!).
Trouble.
5 comments:
NO!!! I feel your pain Susie! This is awful! I know their little minds are so curious and cute but it is not so fun for us. ANd yes, doing dishes, talking on the phone, even going to the bathroom are out of the question with those little ones around.
The other day Ammon poured about five cups of laundry detergent into a full basket of clean clothes and all over the floor. Then today he pulled two buttons off my brand new kitchen stools. And yesterday while I was in the bathroom he climbed into rubys closet got her fingernail polish and spilled it all over the carpet. I didn't even know where to start to clean that up!!
I am so tired of this phase!
Sorry for my tirade...it feels good to share with someone who understands.
And take my advice...don't think you;re safe just because you have the markers and pencils put away....now she will find something else that you can't think of or even possibly prevent! Good luck!
Trouble, indeed!
Now I think I'll go hide all the markers, pens, and pencils before you guys get here in a little bit!
:o)
Wow. I just stared at that couch for a really long time. The destruction caused by such sweet, little fingers. The sad thing is I remember learning how to write my own name and writing it in permanent marker all over EVERYTHING when I was 5. It just made me realize that my little ones are still a few years away from growing out of this phase (nooooo.......!!)!
Oh...so sorry and I am so happy you were able to get it all out of a couch! Those little surprises we find... Sonia scribbled on my fave leather chair a few months ago. I had to quickly ran outside to cool a little bit.... then it took me a very long time getting it all out.
The magic of microfiber is that it does come clean... eventually. I have heard of someone getting Sharpie off their couch after a lot of scrubbing.
You should build her an artist's easel using all your skills.
Post a Comment