Thursday, February 4, 2016

Relief Society Favorite Things night

My newest calling has me in charge of the monthly weekday activities for the women in the ward. This month we did a "Favorite Things" night- everyone brought one of their favorite things which were put into a drawing so that everyone got to come home with a new favorite thing! Each person got to come up, answer three questions about themselves, tell about their item, and then drew a number to find out which person was going to take home that item. There was lots of laughter and lots of smiles and I was seriously crossing my fingers to take home some of the items! I really enjoyed getting to know these lovely sisters better. 
 

 

I got to do the decorations so added a little festive atmosphere with some paper bunting and a few décor items on the favorite things table. Super easy and it turned out fun. 
My sister happened to share this quote the day before the event and it really spoke to me. We shared it at the beginning and I liked the perspective it gave me on the things people brought.  It also helped me relax and remember to not stress, that I really enjoy preparing for and helping with these activities. It is a blessing to be able to serve others this way.

No comments: