Monday, July 19, 2010

Parades, Princesses, and Pteranodons

First up- The July 4th Parade!

I love this holiday and the girls really got into it this year. We did all the traditional things such as hitting the fair, Stadium of Fire, scout breakfast, fireworks, and of course the parade!! The girls loved, loved, loved the parade. For years I have ignored and rolled my eyes as float after float of city pageant Queens, etc rolled on by. But no more. I think they were my girls favorite things! Though the horses and giant Curious George Balloon were also hits!


Truthfully though, Anna's favorite part was when a certain princess walked by.... she sat on her lap and chatted with her and kept pointing, long after she had moved down the route. Happy girl.
We also have spent a ton of time at Grandma Carols and Grandpa Dave's house getting it ready for them to come home! The girls were absolutely thrilled to get up into the loft for the first time.

It is definately a hit! Happy kids! I'm so excited to have my parents back home again!


Here are the girls playing with their little mini-me princesses. They think they are the coolest thing ever.

And they play together really well too. Here they are giving hugs after some nice dance rehearsal (to get ready for the ball of course.)
Earler that week we stopped by BYU's Dino Museum. It was so fun! Small, but with really great stuff and lots to touch and see. And a map. My girls love the maps. We walked around it about 5 times and the girls were having so much fun!



Anna thought the giant croc head was really funny...


And Pteranodons are one of their favorites (along with triceratops and T-rex's, which the museum also had!) I recommend going there. Its free and we really had a good time. We will be back again soon!

No comments: