Kaitlyn is finally potty trained. Yes, finally. It was not easy. But she finally decided that it would be ok, and that was that. To help her along I whipped up some skirts that would be easy for her to get on and off by herself-and they are a hit! That's all she wants to wear now. She is such a girly girl. Anna quickly proceeded to beg for one too by clutching at fabric and wrapping it around her in an attempt to be like her big sister-desperate pleading in her eyes! And who could turn that down? She gets so happy when she can swish her skirt and twirl with Kaitlyn! Such sweet girls. So easy to please. What girl doesn't want to be cute? These skirts have brought us hours of enjoyement, and they took me hardly any time at all to sew. Why have I not sewn anything for them before this?
Look at that sweet face, with the BYU hat which she also loves and refuses to take off. From day one, kids have a mind and personality all their own. I love seeing Anna old enough to share her ideas with us. Her new word this last week is "mine." (which makes three words she consistently will say) But strangly enough, it is not an annoying discovery. She uses it very appropriately-most often by saying "Mine Daddy!" It is the sweetest thing ever. It makes me like the word.
Our three-est of three year olds Kaitlyn brings me perspective. She didn't feel like smiling for this picture-but consented to hold still and pose instead. She can't just listen to me anymore- everything takes longer when she is involved as it has to be under her control in some way, and always requires a comment including a, "Be patient Mommy," or, "you need to talk nicer Mommy." Hmm. But anytime I am frustrated with something or make an aggravated noise (like at a bad driver who almost ran into us) she is quick to reassure me by saying, "don't worry mommy. Don't worry. It is all right." I hear a lot of "Don't worry" from her and it is strangly reassuring and puts me into a better perspective. She is so much more aware of what is going on around her now and what it means. I love her thinking process.
This last week the girls had to watch a lot of TV while Richard and I scrambled through apartment checkouts, checkins, and the county Republican Convention. It took a surprising lot of time and effort and emotional toll on us, but the girls weathered it well (they even got a weekend at Grandma Julies house! Party!). I have to be thankful for good TV that inspires them to think. One of their favorites and mine is Curious George. I love that monkey. As Kaitlyn saw the piles of boxes in our house, she declared that she wanted to make a robot costume like George did. A couple of quick cuts (under her intense instructions on how exactly it was done) and here are my two little robots! (Anna had to get in on the action too!) They love their sticker buttons and beeping and love to giggle as they run into things. Amazing what joy five minutes of cutting holes in some boxes can bring.
2 comments:
Love it!! The robot costumes are a killer! :o)
You are so creative! And I love your thoughts on your kids. I couldn't agree more about how toddlers frustrate yet give perspective at the same time (although I am getting nervous for age 3).
Post a Comment